A gulf exists between analysis showing the benefits of electrification and the practice of deploying new programs and technologies. As policymakers, consumers, home developers, distributers, and manufacturers consider electrification measures, as new technologies emerge and as utilities plan for the future, all stakeholders need real world data and best practices. The Beneficial Electrification League seeks to bridge that gap.
The Beneficial Electrification League is a not-for-profit organization bringing together a diverse group of organizations that support universal acceptance for beneficial electrification as a necessary strategy to meet economic, consumer and environmental goals.
With the help of stakeholder sponsors, the Beneficial Electrification League supported the creation and dissemination of the “beneficial electrification” concept, now gaining wide currency among policymakers and regulators across the country. In addition, BEL-CO has successfully launched LoveElectric.org, which seeks to educate homeowners on the many benefits of electric heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, and induction cooktops, and provide them with resources to install this equipment in their homes.
- Learn from other utility professionals deploying new technologies and programs
- Access to current information on state and federal policy initiatives and opportunities
- Participation on the monthly BEL-CO Advisory Group—amplify your voice by joining with diverse stakeholders to promote a balanced
approach to electrification and shape the policy conversation
- Increase visibility of your utility’s innovation and programs—post a blog to LoveElectric.org, which will also be included in our monthly beneficial electrification article roundup
- Access to current research on electrification
Ready to join the conversation?
See below for a summary of the annual sponsorship levels and a portal to submit your tax deductible contribution.